Similarly to any other website, HookupGeek uses ‘cookies’. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing HookupGeek’s web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information. These are used to store information including the HookupGeek’s visitors’ preferences, and the HookupGeek’s pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited.
HookupGeek uses the cookies to improve your browsing experience on the website, to show you only the personalized content, to analyze the HookupGeek’s website traffic, and to understand where our visitors are coming from. By browsing the HookupGeek’s website, you consent to our Policy on using the cookies.
The HookupGeek’s present regulations on the cookies application tend to monitor and take the website’s responsibilities over in order to inform the users on what cookies are and how they function. The field of their functioning is legitimately and reputably comprised of the mobile devices based applications, advertisements, the website (including a diversity of browsers such as Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, and Internet Explorer), accompanying and related services, and emails.
When first accessing and using the websites designed by order or on the behalf of HookupGeek.com, you thereby do accede the policies elaborated and presented in the specified agreement.
Cookies are generally and exclusively referred to the specific bits of the text, which are, as a rule, applied by the device in your use to access the website or application to properly obtain the Service(s) by HookupGeek.com
HookupGeek follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include Internet Service Provider (ISP), addresses, browser type, internet protocol (IP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information to be referred to as personally identifiable (for more details read the Children’s Information section of the current Privacy Policies). The purpose of the information usage is for
- gathering demographic information.
- tracking users’ movement on the website;
- analyzing trends; and
- administering the site.
Modes of Using the Website Under the Current Cookies Policies
The change of the current Privacy Policies is conducted under the following rules prescribed by both internal regulations of HookupGeek
The Purpose of Using the Cookies by HookupGeek.com
Information collected is used in order to
- Better understand and evaluate the audience attending the website or using the application;
- Better analyze the functionality of the website and/or application, which causes the highest interest for the users;
- Improve the functionality and productivity of the platform.
The Manner of Cookies Usage by HookupGeek.com
- to collect the data on the IP, location, and name (in case of getting registered or in case if you insert your name in one of the required lines);
- to gather information on the browser you use and activities you produce whenever you use the services provided by either the website or application;
Third-party ad servers or ad networks use technologies like cookies,
- They automatically receive your IP address when this occurs.
- These technologies are used to measure the effectiveness of their advertising campaigns and/or to personalize the advertising content that you see on websites that you visit.
Note that HookupGeek has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers and/or sides.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites (Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, and Internet Explorer).
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
HookupGeek does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13 y.o. (and in some cases prescribed by the current law, under the age of 18 y.o.). If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Also, keep in mind that the site is not allowed to be used by the persons whose age is under 18 y.o.
The current Privacy Policies and Cookies Policies exclusively designed by the HookupGeek’s management use the analytics cookies. These, in turn, are elaborated in order to collect the data needed for the Google Analytics proper functioning.
As a result, the principles of private data non-disclosure.
- HookupGeek.com is obliged to keep their users’ any personal data in secret;
- No privacy information (including email addresses, IP address, bank card/account details, and other privacy items) you insert is ever disclosed to the third parties (with the exception of the cases related to the courts and any enforcement institutions under their official request);
- No information received from the cookies (including email addresses, IP address, names, and other privacy items) is disclosed to the third parties;
- This fundament of the Terms and Use is impossible to be modified by the HookupGeek management unless the current law and regulations permit that.
- HookupGeek management is exclusively responsible for all the information stored and accounts for any hypothetical situations to take place;
- HookupGeek management is the one to be accused of the non-following of the presented policies;
- The HookupGeek management is not directly responsible for the personal information, which is voluntarily shared by the users of the website and/or application;
- Both the website and application are absolutely safe to use and undergo the policies of anonymous usage.
The current Privacy Policies undergo but are not limited to the following legislative basis, including
- Federal Trade Commission Act Incorporating U.S. SAFE WEB Act amendments as of 2006 (mainly 15 U.S.C.A. §§ 57b-2a, 57b-2b, 57c-1, and 57c-2), which state that “if any person, partnership, or corporation violates any rule… respecting unfair or deceptive acts or practices… then the [enforcement agencies and institutions] may commence a civil action against such person, partnership, or corporation for relief under… a United States district court or in any court of competent jurisdiction of a State”;
- “the court in an action… shall have jurisdiction to grant [any] relief as the court finds necessary to redress injury to consumers or other persons, partnerships, and corporations resulting from the rule violation or the unfair or deceptive act or practice, as the case may be. Such relief may include, but shall not be limited to, rescission or reformation of contracts, the refund of money or return of property, the payment of damages, and public notification respecting the rule violation or the unfair or deceptive act or practice, as the case may be; except that nothing [else in the Federal Trade Commission Act] is intended to authorize the imposition of any exemplary or punitive damages;
- U.S. Privacy Act;
- U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA);
- U.S. Video Privacy Protection Act (VPPA);
- OECD Guidelines to Serve as a Total Security Framework;
- U.S. Computer Security Act (Repealed by the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) as of 2002);
- U.S. Federal Computer Crime Act (strengthened both in 1986 and 1994);
- U.S. Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (meant the amended one in 1986, 1994, 1996 and 2001);
- U.S. Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA);
- The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA); and
- U.S. Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act (UCITA).
The information contained in this web site is subject to change without notice.
Copyright © 2018-2020 HookupGeek. All rights reserved. All rights reserved. www.HookupGeek.com – Top Hookup Adult Dating Sites Reviews. Photos are taken from Shutterstock.
Updated by The HookupGeek Legal Dept. on June, 1, 2020.